Tuesday, September 3, 2013

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED "Go look for them. They will also be bleeding like me"

 
Do you want to know about my night?

I came back home around 12.30am. Opened the main door. And in the hallway, I found my neighbour lying on the ground covered in blood. He had his hand raised towards the door, I could see the cry for help in his eyes. I was honestly not scared - how could I be. Was in a state of terrible shock! Couldn't believe my eyes. Before I could comprehend the bloody scene in front of me, I saw another man. I panicked. Thought he's the attacker. I slammed the door shut and ran out to middle of the street shouting "call the police".

Police came within few minutes. The man I saw before was also a neighbour, trying to help. Police lifted and carried him to the van and drove off to the hospital. I could see the slashes on his back and hands, squirting blood profusely. He was brave though. I could here him say at one point that he grabbed the knife out of his attacker's hand and stabbed him.

"Go look for them. They will also be bleeding like me" he cried.

I think he will survive. But his body will bear the scars forever.

And, me? I'll be ok. But will definitely hesitate before opening a door next time. Never know what could be waiting for me on the other side. There is no place safe. Not my home, or yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment